Help for RBKC residents with the cost-of-living crisis
We have an exciting opportunity to help residents who may be struggling during the cost of living crisis. Octavia and Kensington and Chelsea borough council (RBKC) have joined up to provide a series of workshops that offer tips and training about how to manage your money better and get the best energy deals for your home.
The Council’s Housing and Employment Team, in partnership with Octavia, is holding a series of 3-day courses for local residents that will help you better manage your finances.
Join one of our Money Wise courses to learn handy tips to help you save money, spot a good bargain, and improve your understanding of energy usage.
You can earn up to £30 in shopping vouchers by attending, and we provide you with a hot lunch and travel costs.
To qualify to access the Money Wise course, you must live or work in the RBKC borough and be able to commit to three days of study from 10am – 2.15pm, on the weeks listed below.
Places are limited to twelve learners per course, so booking is essential, Registrations for each course closes on the Thursday before their respective commencement dates. Each session of each day will run from 10am to 2.15pm.
Course dates and venues:
- 6, 8 and 10 March – at Kensal Resource Centre (register by 2 March)
- 13, 15 and 17 March – at The Reed - register by (register by 9 March)
- 20, 22 and 24 March – at The Reed - register by (register by 16 March)
So, if you are an RBKC resident why not take this opportunity to buff your number-crunching skills, learn about energy usage, and how to find the best deals and make your money go further!
To book a place on a course, contact RBKC at email@example.com or call 020 7361 2070.
- This course is available to anyone that lives or works in the RBKC borough and is able to commit to three days of study from 10am – 2.15pm, on one of the weeks above
Each attendant will receive:
- A £10 shopping voucher for each workshop they attend, up to a total of £30. Various members, from the same household, can also participate
- A hot lunch will be provided
- Travel costs will be reimbursed (bus and trains only) if receipts are provided